Monday, July 18, 2011

Jake turns 2 months!




I have been so busy and away on vacation that I haven't had time to update at the 2 month mark, so I'm updating at 2.5 months. Jake has gotten so big and is such a good looking little guy. He is much darker than his brother and two days before he turned 2 months he slept 5 hours at night. That has now turned into six hours on a good night, five hours on a bad night. We have put him in his room now for the past 3 nights and it has been going great. He is still sleeping in the my little lamb and doesn't want to sleep in the crib yet. Max was the same way. We have him on a three hour feeding schedule during the day and don't allow him to sleep more than 4 hours from 7am to 7pm so he sleeps at night. It is working beautifully. At 6:30pm we all go up for our bedtime routine. I give Jake a bath while Steve gets Max into his pj's and brushes his teeth. Then I hand Jake of to Daddy and read Max a book before putting him down. Jake gets fed next in the dark in his room and then I put him down as well. He needs to be rocked in the rocker so we turn that on and then turn it off later.

Jake is such an easy and adorable baby. The only time he cries is when he gets really hungry which doesn't happen often since I have him on a three hour schedule and when he gets overtired. Like I did with Max, he either goes down at the first yawn or every two hours. Rarely does he stay awake longer than two hours at a stretch. He has started to drool a lot which is a little earlier than Max did and his shirts are getting pretty wet. I hope he won't start drooling as bad as his brother did for months.

He LOVES to smile and talk. He definitely knows who is mamma is because I can tell he recognizes my face and voice and always smiles and calms down when I'm near. I love talking to him and watching him smile. He is now in a size two diaper and wearing 3-6 month clothing. He eats 4-6 ounces at a time and people always confuse him with a 4 month old since he is so big.



His brother adores him and always goes up to him and cuddles him or tries to give him the bottle when I'm feeding him. I even caught him trying to share his snack with him and stopped him right as he was shoving it into his mouth. Nothing makes me happier than watching my two boys love each other.

Our new Nanny started today. Her name is Janneth (Jan) and she speaks Spanish which I want her to teach Max. He seemed to like her, so hopefully this will turn out okay. Here are some photos from the past 1.5 months.









No comments:

Post a Comment